2018 Horse Barn Rules
1. Everyone needs to be courteous and cooperative with each other and each other’s animal at all times.
2. Horses should be fed by 8:00 a.m. and hay bags need to be removed from the stalls no later than 10:00 p.m.
3. Stalls need to be cleaned multiple times during the day. Manure needs to be taken to the manure pit in its NEW LOCATION…by the Jr. Beef barn and NOT left in the wheelbarrow outside of the barns.
4. Please keep barns and areas around the barns clean, organized, swept, and presentable to the public at all times. This includes the wash rack area!!!
5. Please make sure your horse has plenty of clean, fresh water at all times.
6. If an animal shows signs of illness you need to contact the 4-H Horse Specie Chair immediately. If deemed necessary, the Fair vet will be contacted.
7. Please do not leave your tack unattended at any time.
8. Exercise times are 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. If crowding becomes a problem, we may need to alternate barns to be exercised. Please remember that your horses should be out of the stall multiple times during the day for exercise time to avoid stocking up.
9. Horses are to be taken from stall straight to arenas using the safest route.
10. When exercising your horse, a parent or Leader must be present. 18 years and old do not need parent/Leader present.
11. You must wear stepped heal boots at all times when riding or handling your horse, this includes bathing, grooming and when in the stall cleaning, watering or feeding. No flip flops!
12. Helmets are encouraged for all riding levels, but are required for all Cloverbuds and Novice/Rookie riders whether practicing or in a class and all English, Dressage or Saddleseat riding INCLUDING practices and all classes.
13. Please keep all arena gates closed during practice times.
14. Cloverbuds and Novice/Rookie riders are walk trot and should not be cantering at any time during the fair week, this includes exercise times.
15. No one shall ride your horse other than yourself, unless you have prior approval from your 4H Leader and it is cleared through the Horse Specie Chair.
16. No riding with halter and lead rope at any time during the week.
17. No riding bareback during the week. Bareback riding will ONLY be allowed for those signed up in the bareback class and may ride a warm up just prior to the class. Bareback riders MUST wear a helmet.
18. No free lunging in any area at any time.
19. No horses allowed in the campground areas.
20. Bathing in the Jr. Beef wash rack is ONLY for Sunday, Monday and Thursday evenings. If you would like to hose your horse off during the week, please use the horse wash rack near the old horse barn. Please remember to CLEAN up after yourself and your HORSE as it is a privilege to be able to use the Jr. Beef wash rack.
21. Only 2 classes should be on deck at any given time. If you are done with your class or have a couple to wait, your horse should be returned to its stall or waiting in a warm up arena.
22. If using hoof black, you MUST have your horse stand on plywood or a mat of some kind to avoid getting the black on the concrete.
23. Please remember to use ring courtesy when riding, do not cut off or crowd other riders. It is OK to cut across arena to find an opening.
24. No horse may leave the grounds before 7:00 a.m. on the last Sunday of Fair.
25. Stalls must be checked and approved by Horse Superintendent before leaving the grounds at the close of Fair.
Be SAFE and remember to have FUN!